Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Killer Movie from Outer Space

I watched "Killer Klowns from Outer Space" and it was quite the movie. Let me tell ya. Cheesy! Oy. I watched it via suggestion of my brother-in-law and I must say, I enjoyed it. Not that it was scary or intelligent in any way shape or form.

The thing that got me the most was the amazing dialogue, among other things. The dialogue was soo bad. I heard people saying things I never thought I'd hear people say and that was worth it. Then again, I heard people saying things that have been said a thousand times, but it was never quite the same in this film. Meaning, a simple line of frustration was spoken with true retro-acting glee. Fantastic.

The ending really got me, because it was suppose to be a happy ending, but technically it isn't. Unless, I missed something, but I'm more inclined to think they left something out. Especially, since they had a habit of leaving things out or leaving things hanging for a very unbelievably long long amount of time. For example, a girl got in the shower and was in there for another 15-20 minutes of the movie, because they cut to all kinds of other stuff and eventually it came back and left me thinking, "How long was she in the shower?! I take long ones, but good grief!"

The short skinny, some movies can be so bad you just sit in awe. "Killer Klowns from Outer Space" was one of those movies. I tip my hat to that. I'll just quote from it and let them do the work, "We were up at 'the top of the world' and we saw this shooting star and we decided to go look for it. But instead of finding the shooting star we saw this... this circus tent. And that's when we went inside, and that is when we saw those people in those... those pink, cotton candy cocoons. Dave, it was not a circus tent. It was something else." Yes, it was "something else", alright.

So, I say watch it... for a laugh and some amazement.

No comments: